W3- Family Time
As Christians we need to know who Jesus is. There are a lot of different opinions toward who Jesus is and the conclusions that we come to impact how we will follow after Him.
When they heard these words, some of the people said, “This really is the Prophet.” Others said, “This is the Christ.” But some said, “Is the Christ to come from Galilee? Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the offspring of David, and comes from Bethlehem, the village where David was?” So there was a division among the people over him. Some of them wanted to arrest him, but no one laid hands on him.
- John 7:40-44
1) Who is talking in this passage and what are they talking about?
2) What was the main obstacle for the people who were trying to discern whether or not Jesus was the Messiah?
3) So was the prophesy about Jesus wrong?
At the time of John 7 the crowd was trying to figure out if Jesus was the Messiah or not. The problem was that these people did not know fully who Jesus was. They might have seen a little bit of him and known about him vaguely. But they didn’t have all the information.
4) What do people in our culture think about Jesus that is not the full picture of who he is?
Viewing Jesus as just a moral teacher, a blessing giver, or inspirational man is not the whole role of what Jesus came to do.
5) What is the most important part to understand about who Jesus is?
6) In conclusion, write out who Jesus is to the best of your ability.