W4- Family Time
1) From this Wednesday’s study, how would you define assurance?
2) Do you often feel assured of your salvation?
3) What is the main reason why you are not assured of your salvation?
Try to picture for a second all of the sins that you have committed. Think of how they have affected your family and your relationship with God. Now picture them being drenched in the blood of Jesus. This shouldn't be a pleasant sight but instead a sobering sight and it is necessary for your sins to be covered.
Jesus’s death cancelled the sin debt that we have with God. How should this salvation affect how we view God as lofty? The idea that there is a man who is also completely God should make us see that Jesus is a lofty individual. But even more unimaginable is that He died for us. This in turn makes us have a heightened view of God as He exemplifies to us the greatest form of love and grace to ever exist.
4) Does seeing the lofty nature of God make you want to be a part of His community?
5) Do you believe that this Jesus has the power to make you right in front of God so that you can be apart of His community?
Throughout this month we have seen the mighty power of God. Last week we saw this God become a man called Jesus. How does it make sense that such a mighty and powerful God would pay for your sins and give you victory over death? God desires that you be saved. God wants you to be apart of His family.
6) How are you to be assured of your salvation?
“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.”
- Romans 8:1-2
7) As we conclude our last time meeting as a family, what is the greatest thing that you have learned this month?