PHBC’s COVID Worship Guidelines and Spread Avoidance Plan
PHBC Guidelines to Promote Safe Worship Amid Covid
We are attempting to comply with CDC guidelines, which can be viewed at https://www.cdc.gov. We believe that if we follow these suggestions, we will create a safer environment for our church family to gather and worship in.
1. Please do not attend if you have any symptoms related to COVID-19 exposure (including but not limited to elevated temperature, trouble breathing, cough, absence of taste and smell) or have been around someone who has COVID-19. Please follow the 14 day quarantine mandate before gathering for our worship services in person.
2. In addition, do not attend if you have been exposed to anyone you know that has been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
3. Social distancing will be implemented in everything we do. In the sanctuary we have marked off every other pew and request that you only sit within 6ft of those that are on your row besides your immediate family.
4. We ask that everyone who comes to PHBC’s worship services wear a mask until you are seated in the sanctuary. Disposable masks will be available upon entry to church.
5. Hand sanitizer bottles have been placed in various locations. We encourage you to use them as necessary (feel free to bring your own as well.) We ask you to monitor the use of the stations by any children present to avoid waste.
6. While maintaining a 6-foot social distance, use the main entrance doors, walk through the lobby and into the first sanctuary doors. Please be responsible to follow the 6 feet rule following the worship service and avoid grouping up into large groups with confined spaces.
7. All greeters will strive to maintain a minimum of 6 feet from all attendees. Greeters will be wearing masks and focuses on welcoming, directing, and seating to provide the best welcome they can to everyone present. Doors will be propped open so no one is required to touch door handles. Door greeters will be positioned at the doors and will open doors at 9:30 a.m.
8. There will be a giving basket located just inside the rear sanctuary doors. You are also welcome to give through our online giving at phbclife.org/give for a minimal contact exposure option.
9. All of our Sunday school / Bible Study classes along with the literature has been postponed until the winter quarter when we can review and respond to the Covid situation at that time.
10. All child care workers will wear a mask to protect both themselves and the children they are around.
Covid Spread Avoidance Plan
As members of PHBC, should you have a confirmed case of Covid after attending a church service/event, please notify Pastor Caleb Rawls at 601-344-8657. Personal information will be kept confidential.
Upon hearing of a confirmed case of Covid on an individual that was present for our worship services while the individual had Covid we will shut down our services at PHBC and resort to online services through Facebook alone for 14 days. Once we have communicated and confirmed that Covid has not spread we will resume in-person worship services.
Voted on and approved by PHBC on August 12, 2020.